nrpe-2.04b compile error: u_int32_t

Pearson, Richard Richard_Pearson at csgsystems.com
Wed Jul 9 10:53:52 CEST 2003

Hi All,

This is in reply to the post with the subject: nrpe-2.04b compile error: u_int32_t. I am new to this so I havent worked out if this is the correct way to reply to a posting.

I had the exact same problem, here is what I did to fix it:
1) in the common directory editied the file common.h Just after the first #include statement added:
typedef unsigned int u_int32_t;

2) run configure as normal
3) In the config.h file in the common directory (generated by configure) commented out the line :#define U_INT32_T_IS_ULONG 1

The compile then worked ok

(The above steps were ones I picked up from a number of different posts on the same issue)
Now my only problem is that I cant get nrpe to work using inetd on solaris 8 only as a daemon

Richard