several ip on a host

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Mon Jul 7 18:15:36 CEST 2003

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you're trying to make sure that a given service is available
on a given IP interface (eg, httpd), then you should define
unique hostname/IP addresses in hosts.cfg.

If you don't care which of the 2 or more interfaces is available,
so long as you get the result back from the check (eg,
check_disk), then I suggest you have DNS set up properly
with multiple A records for a given FQDN, then reference that
FQDN in hosts.cfg (no need to specify the IP address).

HTH.

jc