SNMP or NSClient

Russell Adams RLAdams at Kelsey-Seybold.com
Tue Jul 8 22:51:29 CEST 2003

I use both, they each have specific purposes.

The only thing I can't get with SNMP is service states. However, if
you can tie a Service back to an executable, you can monitor them.

NSClient is nice too, and does services.

I use SNMP because I use Cricket to gather performance trend data from
my Windows servers. Nagios is just used for operational status.

Russell