State Retention

Todd McNeill toddm at toddles.com
Tue Jul 8 18:58:32 CEST 2003

I'm not sure why this happened, but for some reason, Nagios has stopped
retaining state information on restart.  I recently upgraded to 1.1 and have
also been playing around with NagMin, so this may have some impact, but I'm
stuck at this point and am looking for some insight.

In my nagios.cfg file, I have the following set:

retain_state_information=1
state_retention_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/status.sav
use_retained_program_state=1

The status.sav file gets created when I stop the service, but when I
restart, all services are in PENDING state.  I must be missing something,
but I can't figure out what.

Thanks,
Todd