nsclient CF avg DB Access time

Jason Payne jasonp at iland.com
Wed Jul 2 23:04:38 CEST 2003

I have searched through the mailing list, and have not found a solution.  So
here goes:

I've got a custom check_nt command:

define command{
        command_name    check_nt_cftime
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
COUNTER -l "\\ColdFusion MX Server\\Avg DB Time (msec)","Server Average DB
Time is %.2f %%" -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
        }

and

define service {
host_name                      Server
service_description            Server CF DB Time
check_command                  check_nt_archimage_cftime!20!75
use                            generic-service
max_check_attempts             9
normal_check_interval          1
retry_check_interval           1
check_period                   24x7
notification_interval          480
notification_period            24x7
notification_options           c,r
contact_groups                 windows-admins
}

Returns:

/usr/local/nagios/etc# ../libexec/check_nt -H serverip -p 1248 -v COUNTER -l
"\\ColdFusion MX Server\\Avg DB Time (msec)","Server CF Average DB Time is
%.2f" -w 80 -c 90
Server ColdFusion Average DB Time is 0.00 %

or in nagios:

mage CF DB Time
OK
07-02-2003 15:39:42
0d 1h 14m 31s
1/9
Archimage ColdFusion Average DB Time is 0.00 %

This is driving me nuts.  I've run ctrlist.exe and verified the name of the
counter, and have a similiar check running on the size of an mssql database:

Server DB Size
OK
07-02-2003 15:42:24
3d 16h 52m 15s
1/9
Server SQL DB size is 86208.00 %

The server/client versions of nsclient are the same, and the other checks on
the server resolve fine.  I've tried every combination of inserting \'s into
the string that I can think of.  Still, all I get is a return value of 0.
If ANYONE has any information pertaining to how I can fix this I would be
most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Payne
Iland Internet Solutions

ASCII ribbon campaign  ( )
 - against HTML email   X
             & vCards  / \

echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D6D6F632E65
     6E7961506E6F73614A40656C7A656557snlbxq'|dc

We shall never be able to remove suspicion and fear as
potential causes of war until communication is permitted
to flow, free and open, across international boundaries.
-Harry S. Truman