*** GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located... *********

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 2 22:49:14 CEST 2003

    Onyi> When compiling nagios 1.1 with...

    Onyi> "./configure --enable-embedded-perl --with-perlcache \
    Onyi>     --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include"

    Onyi> I get this error...

    Onyi> checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... no
    Onyi> checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 2)... no
    Onyi> checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 3)... no

    Onyi> *** GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located... *********

What does the relevant piece of your config.log file show?  There were
probably some undefined symbols when linking the check program.  I just
submitted a patch to nagios-devel for configure.in which adds -liconv to the
gd check link lines if it's available (I bumped into this on Solaris).

--
Skip Montanaro
skip at pobox.com
Got spam? http://spambayes.sf.net/