*** GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located... *********

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Wed Jul 2 09:00:24 CEST 2003

You didn't mention the OS you're using, but for me on RedHat, I had to
install the jpeg-devel and png-devel packages, as well as a newer zlib
before I finally got a working GD.  I'm using the old version (pre2.0)  GD,
which seems to do everything Nagios needs it to.

"Onyi Ejiasa" <onyi at firstlink.com> wrote in message
news:6633DBDE6F5ED64D9D6AF3264AEE891467C9CC at shrex.asp.firstlink.com...
Hello,

When compiling nagios 1.1 with...

"./configure --enable-embedded-perl --with-perlcache --with-gd-lib=/usr/loca
l/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include"

I get this error...

checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 2)... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 3)... no

*** GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located... *********

And thus no GD support. Any Ideas? I have checked that all header and
libraries are present but I seem to be missing something...

Here are my directories...

bash-2.05b# ls /usr/local/include/
gd.h         gdfontg.h    gdfonts.h    jconfig.h    jpeglib.h    libpng
png.h        zlib.h
gd_io.h      gdfontl.h    gdfontt.h    jerror.h     libcharset.h mysql
pngconf.h
gdcache.h    gdfontmb.h   iconv.h      jmorecfg.h   libintl.h    php
zconf.h

bash-2.05b# ls /usr/local/lib

charset.alias             libgd.la                  libintl.a
libjpeg.so.62.0           libz.a
libcharset.a              libgd.so.2.0              libintl.la
libmysqlclient.so.10.0    mysql
libcharset.la             libiconv.a                libintl.so.1.1
libpng.a                  php
libcharset.so.1.0         libiconv.la               libjpeg.a
libpng.a-0
libgd.a                   libiconv.so.3.0           libjpeg.la
libpng.so.0.1.2.5

Onyi C. Ejiasa - NWT, NCW, NCLA
First Link Technology, Inc.
4260 East Evans Avenue, Denver, CO 80222
PH 303.691.8200 | FAX 303.691.8208
any issue.