nevermind.. figured it out.

Scott Walker swalker at floridabroadband.net
Thu Jan 30 22:21:58 CET 2003

statusmap_image:
 This variable is used to define the name of an image that should be
associated with this host in the statusmap CGI. You can specify a JPEG, PNG,
and GIF image if you want, although I would strongly suggest using a GD2
format image, as other image formats will result in a lot of wasted CPU time
when the statusmap image is generated. GD2 images can be created from PNG
images by using the pngtogd2 utility supplied with Thomas Boutell's gd
library. The GD2 images should be created in uncompressed format in order to
minimize CPU load when the statusmap CGI is generating the network map image.
The image will look best if it is 40x40 pixels in size. You can leave these
option blank if you are not using the statusmap CGI. Images for hosts are
assumed to be in the logos/ subdirectory in your HTML images directory (i.e.
/usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos).

According to that you can use gd2/png/jpeg/gif.

But what we found was, in the statusmap you *NEED* to use a gd2, in the little
information panel it can only be jpeg/png/gif.

--
Scott Walker