Comments and Acknowledgements

David Smith david.smith at ce.com.au
Wed Jan 29 03:42:10 CET 2003

When you select the 'Acknowledge this service problem' option for a
warning/critical service you are forced to also enter a comment.  When the
service undergoes a state change, the acknowledgement is removed but the
comment remains.  This leaves me with certain services that are in the 'OK'
state but still have an acknowledgement comment.  If the service once again
goes critical it still has the comment and this has caused some confusion
with my users (this night op didn't call support because he thought the
problem was already being looked at).

So, is there a way of making the comment go away when the acknowledge does?
Should I run some sort of job to clear out comments on 'OK' services (if
that's even possible)?
Have I missed a config item somewhere?
Are the comments supposed to stay for some reason and this is a design
feature, not a flaw?

Regards,

David Smith
AIX Administrator