Caching SNMP Info

Steve Bonds r1p6os402 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jan 29 03:03:22 CET 2003

Does anyone know of a good way to cache SNMP info retrieved via the perl
SNMP.pm module? (part of NET-SNMP aka UCD-SNMP)  I do a number of
filesystem checks and each one retrieves the same OIDs but does differnent
filters and comparisons.  Reducing the total SNMP traffic would be
helpful.

So far, Google searches have failed me.

MRTG caches SNMP replies, so if I get desperate I can get out my Perl saw
and some duct tape and merge in the SNMP caching code.  However, I'm
hoping someone else has already done the work for me.  Anyone know?

Thanks,

  -- Steve Bonds