Mail command

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Jan 28 17:22:36 CET 2003

Yes, you need to get your Lotus admin to open port 25 (SMTP).

Yes, you'll need to configure Sendmail on your Nagios server.  Sendmail can
be fun.  It's confusing, and yet it is.  ;)  You might prefer to
install/configure nullmailer:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/nullmailer/?topic_id=32

No, the command line mail client won't be of much use for server-server mail
traffic; it's merely an MUA (mail user agent); what you need is an MTA (mail
transfer agent), such as Sendmail, or nullmailer, or Postfix, or Qmail, or
Exim, or....

jc