Core dump

Tue Jan 28 13:56:49 CET 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say that

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:08:03PM +0100, Mathieu Masseboeuf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get nagios to run, and as I wanted to have it run optimized
> I started with embeded perl.
> After some inversigation, it seems that something there is causing a core
> dump ...
>
> Here is what gdb outputs (cleaned a bit to not make 2 pages) :
> This GDB was configured as "i686-openna-linux"...(no debugging symbols
> found)...
> Core was generated by `./nagios'.
> #0  0x45017e7e in Perl_PerlIO_stdout () from /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i686-
> linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so

you may have found a bug.

I don't think too many people are running embedded Perl Nag/Netsaint
(ePN) with Perl 5.8.0.

This Perl is a pretty different beast (apparently) with a different
thread implementation and platform independent (bypasses stdio) IO.

Does the mini-epn in the contrib directory build and run ?

When this dumps (if it builds) it may give you a better back trace.

Sounds like more ePN porting work necessary.

> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x45017e7e in Perl_PerlIO_stdout () from /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i686-
> linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
> #1  0x450183f4 in PerlIO_stdoutf () from /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i686-linux-
> thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
> #2  0x08051364 in main ()
> #3  0x450c72e6 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> The OS I'm running is openna linux (www.openna.com) with Perl 5.8.0
>
> Anyone saw that before, or have clue on a possible fix ?
>
> NB : Everything is working fine without embeded perl.

You may be able to workaround it by installing Perl 5.6.1 in a different
location and then building the ePN with that Perl (give the path to that
Perl to configure some how).

Does the ePN actually start ?

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft