Statusmap

Donal Hunt Donal.Hunt at dcu.ie
Tue Jan 28 12:25:21 CET 2003

Martin,

I had a similar problem until this morning...
you want to use the "parents" directive in the host definition.

eg:

# 'CG08b PC #5' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               CG08-105
        alias                   CG08b - PC - #5
        address                 136.206.xx.xxx
        parents                 switch-136.206.xx.
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

means that CG08-105 is a child of the switch switch-136.206.xx. in the
map.
Hope that helps.
Regards

Donal