can't find cgi.cfg problem on HPUX 11.0

MParsisson at NCSHealth.com MParsisson at NCSHealth.com
Mon Jan 27 22:38:02 CET 2003

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the cgi's and finding cgi.cfg. I'm running Nagios
1.03 on HPUX 11.0, I used gcc 3.1 and gmake 3.79.1 to build it.
Nagios seems to build fine and installs fine also. I followed the
directions and setup apache to see the nagios/ and nagios/cgi-bin/ dirs
correctly. I'm not having any problems getting to the main web pages or the
cgi-bins. However, it seems when the cgi-bins are called, they all return
an error. The error I'm getting is:

Error: Could not open CGI config file '@sysconfdir@/cgi.cfg' for reading!

My cgi.cfg file is in /usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg as are the rest of my config files. The cgi.cfg file has 777 perm. I took all the defaults for the
 config and install
so the default vaules in the config files should all work ok. I've checked them to be sure though.  Just to verify, I  even blew away the entire
install and
build tree and started from scratch. I get the same problem. Anyone have a suggestion on this? It's like the @sysconfdir@ is not being defined to the
cgi's so they can't find the config file. But I can't find where that is suppose to be defined. Any and all help or ideas are appreciated - I'm
getting really
frustrated.

TIA,
Mark