compiling Nagios with MySQL support (was: [Fwd : snmp_check])

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Mon Jan 27 19:30:45 CET 2003

<rant>

Before I comment on the essence of your post, I wish to reiterate to those
less familiar with mailing lists:

- keep the Subject relevant
	- if you're commenting on a thread, hit Reply
	- if you're starting a new thread, erase the Subject
	  and start fresh, preferably with text which is relevant
	  to the body of your e-mail
	- Subjects such as "HELP" or "URGENT" or "<no subject>"
	  may not get you the type of response you're looking for
- be informative
	- generally speaking, the readers on this list aren't psychic
	- state the operating system, the version, the relevant
	  components
	- give us 'cause and effect'
		- don't just describe what you did
		- don't just describe the effect of what you did
		- explain what you did AND the effect it had
		- where possible, cut-and-paste, DON'T transcribe
		  manually (as this can lead to errors and confusion)
	- messages which are essentially, "it's broken, HELP!" with
	  no explanation will generally get ignored
- be reasonably brief
	- don't paste 100,000 lines from your logs
	- give the problem some context, eg, "I get 'ERROR' when
	  I start Nagios" is perhaps a wee bit *too* brief

</rant>

Having said the above, let's see what we can do to help you.

Try adding the following to your ./configure line:

--with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql --with-mysql-inc=/usr/include/mysql

Also, you might want to take note of this URL:

  http://www.nagios.org/upcoming.php

In particular, these comments:

  8. DB support for retention data is being dropped
  9. DB support for extended information is being dropped

HTH.

jc