Host Availability Report

twebster at daksoft.com twebster at daksoft.com
Mon Jan 27 16:20:31 CET 2003

I guess I still don't understand why you need to select "assume host UP".
Note, wny do I also need to set "Assume state retention to No"  because I
am using a state retention.

You also mention, the service report information has the correct number,
which is true, but I don't believe there is a way to view all HOSTS Service
PING on one screen for reporting purposes.

I guess what I need is an accurate report of all HOSTS or the Service PING,
without all the other services.  Can I make a service group?

Thanks for the clarifications.

Tony

|         |           Jon Lyons        |
|         |           <jlyons30 at yahoo.c|
|         |           om>              |
|         |           01/24/2003 03:12 |
  |       To:       twebster at daksoft.com, Michael Church <mchurch at corillian.com>                                                 |
  |       cc:       nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net                                                                           |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Nagios-users] Host Availability Report                                                                  |

Is this just for the Hosts?

Change the First assumed host state: to UP.. Remember, hosts are only
checked when a service fails, (ie hosts are rarely checked). Service should
give the information you're looking for....

 twebster at daksoft.com wrote:

 We are also have this problem, please pass on any information you may
 receive. thanks

 Tony

 |---------+---------------------------------------->
 | | "Michael Church" |