Performance Data error

Ian Stokes-Rees i.stokes-rees1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 27 12:41:25 CET 2003

I am not getting my performance data being output to the specified file, and
am trying to track down exactly why.

My xpdfile template has $PERFDATA$ at the end, and when I look in
/var/log/messages I can see that the performance data _is_ being passed in
by the NRPE call, however it does not appear in the hostperf.log file.

Furthermore, the comment on the performance data section talks about
"enable_performance_data" option, which the pre-flight check then tells me
is illegal.  I think this is an error and should be referring to
"process_performance_data" instead.

My issue is that I don't want to use the processing filters, but I do want
to just dump the performance data to a file.  Yes, I have re-compiled it
with the appropriate option to turn performance data handling "on" (although
I don't know how to check to make sure this worked properly).

FWIW, here is my config:

# HOST AND SERVICE PERFORMANCE DATA PROCESSING COMMANDS
# These commands are run after every host and service check is
# performed.  These commands are executed only if the
# enable_performance_data option (above) is set to 1.  The command
# argument is the short name of a command definition that you
# define in your host configuration file.  Read the HTML docs for
# more information on performance data.

#host_perfdata_command=process-host-perfdata
#service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

xpdfile_host_perfdata_file=/opt/nagios/var/hostperf.log
xpdfile_service_perfdata_file=/opt/nagios/var/hostperf.log
xpdfile_host_perfdata_template=$TIMET$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$OUTPUT$\t$PERFDATA$
xpdfile_service_perfdata_template=$TIMET$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$OUTPU
T$\t$PERFDATA$

Ian Stokes-Rees                     i.stokes-rees at physics.ox.ac.uk
Particle Physics, Oxford            http://www-pnp.physics.ox.ac.uk/~stokes/