How to stop alerts?

Neil Sedley nsedley at dircon.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 16:58:15 CET 2003

I have just upgraded to Nagios 1.0 from Netsaint and converted the config
files using the convertcfg utility.

At first glance all looks wonderful.

However I have a couple of services that have gone down and won't be fixed
for a while.

How do I stop notifications????

I have done everything I can think of in the GUI. I have acknowledged the
problem, I have disabled all service checks (passive and active) I have
disabled notifications.

But it still sends them!!!!!

Is there a new configuration option I have missed? As all notifications are
sent as text messages to my phone it is driving me mad!! I can't turn it off
as I still need notifications for the services and hosts that are not
affected.

Help please............