Yet another NRPE problem

Justin justin at pvamu.edu
Sat Jan 25 01:22:21 CET 2003

I would like to thank Jim Carrol for helping me get this far.  I just took a couple of weeks off from nagios and got back to it.  I have fixed the infamous "error recieving data from host" problem.  Yet I have encountered another problem.

[root at whodevil libexec]# ./check_nrpe 129.207.59.32 -c check_users
USERS WARNING - 7 users currently logged in

As you can see I can run the command just fine from CLI. But recieve this error in my log/gui

Jan 24 19:04:01 localhost nagios: SERVICE ALERT: whodevil;USERS;UNKNOWN;SOFT;1;Incorrect command line arguments supplied
Jan 24 19:05:01 localhost nagios: SERVICE ALERT: whodevil;USERS;UNKNOWN;SOFT;2;Incorrect command line arguments supplied
Jan 24 19:06:01 localhost nagios: SERVICE ALERT: whodevil;USERS;UNKNOWN;HARD;3;Incorrect command line arguments supplied

Here is my services.cfg

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use

        host_name                       whodevil
        service_description             USERS
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  whodevil-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_users

Here is my nrpe.cfgcommand[check_users]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users 5 10
command[check_load]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_load 5 10 15 20 25 30
command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk 80 95 /dev/hda1
command[check_disk2]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk 80 95 /dev/hdb1
command[check_zombie_procs]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs 5 10 Z
command[check_total_procs]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs 150 200

Thanks for the help

Justin Wedeking