executing local plugins on remote servers...

Daniel_Casey at jbhunt.com Daniel_Casey at jbhunt.com
Fri Jan 24 22:41:24 CET 2003

Am I correct in thinking that you have to have one of the following to
execute the plugins on remote servers:

This will let you have the plugins on the main server, but execute them
locally and remotely?
   Nagios Remote Plugin Executor (NRPE) 1.8

And with these, you have to have the plugins on each server?
   Nagios Java System (nsjs)
   Nagios Service Check Acceptor (NSCA) 2.2

Anyone have any thoughts/prefs?  I like the idea of using local
commands/plugins to check remote resources.