multiple host names per host

Brandon Gillespie gillespie at iomega.com
Fri Jan 24 22:34:43 CET 2003

Is it possible or planned to be possible to have mulitple host names
allowed per host?  In our environment we ALWAYS use service names, so a
host will have the base host name 'musashi' on one IP address, but will
have three or four other service addresses, with things like 'www',
'apps' etc.  I dont like having to create seperate host entries for each
one--they are, afterall, on the same host.  perhaps instead of
host_name, a host_names=musashi,www,apps or some such would work.  This
way in services I can direct http tests to the www service address, and
some other test against the apps address, and system level tests against
the base nodename address.

-Brandon Gillespie