check snmp problem and cant find the reason

Kelly Setzer Kelly.Setzer at placemark.com
Fri Jan 24 19:47:16 CET 2003

> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:33:04 -0500 (EST)
> From: Subhendu Ghosh <sghosh at sghosh.org>
>
> Can you try running the plugin with a "-v" option (verbose mode - not
> documented) - it prints the command and the output of the command.

/opt/net-snmp/bin/snmpget -O Q -m ALL -v 1 -c community athena:161
laLoad.2
UCD-SNMP-MIB::laLoad.2 = 0.01

SNMP OK - 0.01

This is an intermittent problem.  I did the following to prove to me
that snmpget and snmpd on the target box is reliable:

while [ 1 ]; do
  /check_snmp ../etc/checkcommands.cfg -H athena -t 15 -o laLoad.2  -v
done

I let it run for several minutes and observed no failures.

Kelly