State Retention Usage?

twebster at daksoft.com twebster at daksoft.com
Fri Jan 24 18:37:10 CET 2003

Our newly upgraded Nagios 1.0 server has been having problems displaying
the correct information in the Availability cgi screen.

If I select All hosts for Today, most of the host have the correct 99.997
uptime, but many others either repot 100% undetermined or approx 95% down,
when in actuality all host should be report up near 100% for the day.

In try to figure out a solution, I noticed that if I change the Assume
State Retention to no, then all host are reported with accurate %time up.

We are using state retention and it was working prior to this upgrade.

questions:
      What does this Assume State Retention button do?
      How can I fix all my hosts such that they are reported correctly?

Tony