Monitoring Processes

Pete Dewell pete.dewell at VoltEurope.com
Wed Jan 22 19:22:12 CET 2003

Hi,

It is indeed possible - at least on NT 4, I haven't tried it on W2K yet.
The syntax I use for check_nt is :-

check_command     check_nt!program_name1,program_name2, etc etc

Where progran_name is the name of the program as it appears in the task
manager.

This will return an alert if *any* of the programs stop running. If you
want to monitor lots and know whether any have stopped, this is fine,
otherwise create a service for each program you want to monitor.

Pete Dewell

Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is it possible for NSClient to monitor processes that appear in Task Manager? If
> so, what is the syntax needed to accomplish this?
>
> The machine in question is a Windows 2000 Professional workstation.

Technical Support/Analyst
Volt Europe
Tel    : (+44) (0) 1737 774100
Fax    : (+44) (0) 1737 772949