Error Running Nagios-statd on SCO Openserver 5.0.5

Rochel Amog ramog at starcalif.com
Wed Jan 22 18:41:27 CET 2003

Hello,
I have installed python2.2 in a SCO Openserver 5.0.5 system and when I run nagios-statd, I got the following error:

# ./nagios-statd                                                                                                                                          Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                     File "./nagios-statd", line 3, in ?                                                                                                                       import getopt, os, sys, signal, SocketServer                                                                                                        File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/SocketServer.py", line 131, in ?                                                                           import socket                                                                                                                                                   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?                                                                                          from _socket import *                                                                                                                                   ImportError: No module named _socket

Can anybody help me what the problem is.. Python 2.2 seems to be running fine....

# python2.2                                                                                                                                                                                                    Python 2.2.2 (#1, Jan 21 2003, 13:58:38) [C] on sco_sv3                                                                                                                            Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.                                                                                                    >>>

Thanks