check_by_ssh and Nagios communication

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Jan 22 11:01:13 CET 2003

Error 127 generally means it couldn't execute, check the executable
permissions on the check_by_ssh (needs to be executable by whomever is
doing ssh checks)  check_by_ssh also has the path to ssh hard coded into
it, so check to make sure it's looking for the right SSH executable and
that this is also runnable by the right user, you'll need to probably do a
strings /path/to/your/check_by_ssh and look for something like /usr/bin/ssh
(as on my FreeBSD box).

Lemme know if this is more helpful!

--On Wednesday, January 22, 2003 10:08 AM +0100 VEGH Karoly