Solaris 8 - nagios-statd | apan

Trace McQuaig Trace.McQuaig at usunwired.com
Wed Jan 22 01:54:27 CET 2003

Guys I need a shove in the right direction. Solaris 8 host. Trying to trend
disk space. Using Apan 0.2.0. I have installed python from sunfreeware.com
and also the latest openssl-0.9.6g from sunfreeware.

This is what I am seeing when I try to run nagios-statd:

# python nagios-statd
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "nagios-statd", line 3, in ?
    import getopt, os, sys, signal, SocketServer
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/SocketServer.py", line 131, in ?
    import socket
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/socket.py", line 41, in ?
    from _socket import *
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.6: open failed: No such
file or directory
# python
Python 2.1.1 (#1, Aug 25 2001, 04:19:08)
[GCC 3.0.1] on sunos5

#

But as you can see python runs just find on its own. Is there anyway to make
it not try to load ssl? Maybe that would be a good solution. However have
yet to see how to do that. I googled for python: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.6 and
libssl.so.0.9.6 but no real leads on anything.