Monitoring cross-server services?

Steven Grimm koreth-nagios at midwinter.com
Tue Jan 21 17:38:47 CET 2003

A service dependency, really; I want to catch any situations where my app
isn't connected to its peers even if all the hosts involved are alive and
otherwise working fine.

Service dependencies seem like they'd work if I treated the connection
between each unique pair of hosts as a separate service; in that case I
could make each of those pseudo-services dependent on the services I
define for my app as a whole on its two hosts.  But I think that'd clutter
up my service detail page pretty quickly.

-Steve