Monitoring cross-server services?

Steven Grimm koreth-nagios at midwinter.com
Tue Jan 21 01:01:34 CET 2003

That looked good at first, but I don't think it's quite right.  Say I have
hosts A, B, and C again.  Host C has died completely.  Hosts A and B are
still up, but aren't talking to each other.  If I use service dependencies,
the fact that host C is known to be offline will cause the notification
about the problems between hosts A and B to be suppressed.

Or am I just misreading the documentation?

-Steve

P.S. Anyone know what's up with the list archives on SourceForge?  They
only go up to January 15.