Newbie SNMP Question

Vernon A. Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Fri Jan 17 18:22:29 CET 2003

I have managed to get nagios running very well, works like a champ - great
software.  I now need to start the snmp setup and have very little
experience with snmp.  Can anyone point me do basic documentation,
"Snmp-for-dummies" so to speak?

I am wanting to monitor my 45 cisco routers as well and some unix server vi
snmp (specifically network traffic monitoring as well as real-time router
monitoring), looking for bottle-necks and telco line errors and such.  From
what I have read, snmp is the way to go so any suggestions would be most
helpful.

Vernon

Vernon A. Fort (Andy)
Provident Solutions, LLC