icon_image directive not working

Gustave Eiffel gustave at 3web.net
Wed Jan 15 21:05:08 CET 2003

Using version 1 on a RedHat box.

I have specified this in my hosts.cfg file:

icon_image           redhat.jpg

and the image is in the share/images/logos/ directory

But when I check the config I get:

Reading configuration data...

Error: Could not add object property in file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/hosts.cfg'
on line 101.

What am I doing wrong here?  The documentation states that the default logo
location should be /usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos/ and that is where it
is.  I have also tries specifying the full path to no avail.  The image is there.

Here is the whole part from the hosts.cfg

define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host template
to use

        host_name               tuna
        alias                   Mark's Workstation
        address                 192.168.0.1
        check_command           check-host-alive
        icon_image              redhat.jpg
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   480
        notification_period     24x7