check_traffic plugin

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 20:00:31 CET 2003

 Hi, snmpwalk version 5.0.3 on FreeBSD 4.7, still have the same issue with the serviceextinfo, I do get the error that it can't determine the maxium speed for interface for each interface on my device. Could this be effecting you while loop?
 Adrian Wieczorek <ads at irc.pila.pl> wrote:Hello Jon,

> Hey, I've installed it, but hit a few glitches....I needed to modify the make-config;
> @walk = `$SNMPWALK -v 1 -c $COMMUNITY $HOST <<--didn't like the ordering

Probably Your SNMP utilities must be called with different syntax.
(assuming the snmpd was configured correct). Which version of snmpget
and snmpwalk You have ? ..and what distribution it is ?

> And on my cicso device, it only created one extend service info entry in the serviceextinfo.cfg
> file for the first interface(loopback 0), be nice if it created the extend information for each
> interface/service.

It's bug in make-config:

line 125:

open(CONFIG, ">$OUTPUT_EXTINFO_FILE");

SHOULD BE:

open(CONFIG, ">>$OUTPUT_EXTINFO_FILE");

;-)

> I can see the graphs and nagios is polling, but I'm not getting any totals...
> I haven't looked at it that much though..
> Total RX Bytes: 0.00 MB, Total TX Bytes: 0.00 MB
> Average Traffic: 0.00 B/s (0.0%) in, 0.00 B/s (0.0%) out

like I said before, it's problem with snmpget.. (IMHO)

--
Best regards,
ADi