writing own interface, status.log question

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Wed Jan 15 17:27:38 CET 2003

I would suggest using the status.sav file instead since you won't have
to read through the *entire* log file and find the most current entry
for each particular device. If you do so you should adjust your
retention_update_interval in nagios.cfg appropriately. The format of
this file is slightly different than status.log and unfortunately I
can't find the email that detailed it's contents.

--
Marc

I am
> wanting to present the data differently than the Nagios Console.
Basically
> I have a postnuke php portal that i made custom blocks to parse NMIS
data
> for network graphs and I plan on doing a similar set of blocks for
Nagios.