Template Structure is Better???

Pulyankote, Gopinath Gopinath_Pulyankote at affymetrix.com
Wed Jan 15 18:00:52 CET 2003

Jim,
	I have been wanting to move towards a directory based single config
file per host approach. Can you send me a sample config file for a host?
Secondly, how did you go about creating hostgroups? Do you retain the
hostgroups.cfg file? Or can this also be added into the host config file? If
so how?
Lastly, I had a question on contacts. There are 2 places where contacts are
defined, in services.cfg and hostgroups.cfg, which of these take precedence
when the host goes down? I have been asked to create host groups based on
site location, but my admins are based on type of host (network-admin,
windows-admin, unix-admin etc), so if I create a hostgroup based on site I
need to add a default contactgroup, if I add all the 3 contactgroups, will
the correct one get alerts based on what is defined in the services.cfg
file? I am sure it will work for a service outage, but what about a host
down situation? Hope you got what I am trying to convey!.
Thanks in advance
-Gopinath