Sybase plugin

Dennis Cannell dennis.cannell at itouch.ie
Wed Jan 15 16:57:53 CET 2003

Hi,

Would love to hear from anyone who has written a sybase plugin, specifically
remotely logging in, doing a test of some sort (probably just a select) and
returning code.

I've written a basic one, that just uses isql running a SQL query based on
contrib/check_oracle_instance but it's real simplistic and there's probably
something better by someone out there.

For all the budding DBA out there, what would be a general good SQL
statement to run to poll health?  I'm just using select * from
master..sysdatabases and returning the number of rows!

Looking forward to hearing any thoughts.

Cheers