recovery alerts problem..

Dushyanth Harinath dushy at symonds.net
Wed Jan 15 04:13:32 CET 2003

Hi guys,

I have service escalations defined as given below. The problem i'm
facing is whenever HTTP at web1,web2 goes down the critical alerts are sent
to all the contacts correctly but when the service recovers the
recovery alert is sent to only the first contact i,e support. This
happens only if the last notificaion i,e 3 is sent out to the sysad-l2
group.

The only reason i could make out of it is that the last escalation
definition below is supressing recovery alerts too for those groups. Is
this the way it is supposed to work ?

The max_check_attempts, normal_check_interval, retry_check_interval and
notification_interval values for all the checks are 5,5,1,5
respectively.

define serviceescalation{
        host_name               web1,web2
        service_description     HTTP
        first_notification      2
        last_notification       0
        notification_interval   5
        contact_groups          support
}

define serviceescalation{
        host_name               *
        service_description     *
        first_notification      2
        last_notification       2
        notification_interval   20
        contact_groups          sysad-l1
}

define serviceescalation{
        host_name               *
        service_description     *
        first_notification      3
        last_notification       3
        notification_interval   0
        contact_groups          sysad-l2

TIA
Regards
Dushyanth.H
--
Windows: Just another pane in the glass.

http://symonds.net/~dushy