Parents

Jeff McKeon jsm at inpro.net
Tue Jan 14 18:51:05 CET 2003

Ok, here's a twist.  What about in the other direction?

I've got a firewall with two inside ports.  One goes to a managed switch
on the trusted network, the other to a dumb hub which is my DMZ.  I'd
like to show the dumb hub but because it has no IP address how can I?

right now the firewall is a parent to the switch and all systems on the
trusted network have the switch as a parent.

On the DMZ side though, all systems have the firewall as a parent
directly.

Could I add a "Fake" host to represent the dumb hub and then set the DMZ
systems to use that as a parent?  Or would this cause problems?

thanks,

jeff