Parents

Tom DE BLENDE tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com
Tue Jan 14 09:44:41 CET 2003

A small question on the "parents" host directive. I have a host that
is situated behind a router. No problem, I just add that router as a
parent for my host.

However, what do I do when I have a dual homed host with one IP in the
172.20 and one in the 10. range? Where the 172.20 just connects to a
Cisco Catalyst and the 10. range to a router?

What parent do I use in the parents directive, the router or the
switch? Both interfaces are being used for service checks as one
network is a private gigabit backbone and the other is open to the
LAN. Is there any use in adding them both as parent, and what
consequences will this have?

The NetSaint box is on both networks.