NAGIOS on SunFire

Naman Latif naman.latif at inamed.com
Mon Jan 13 19:35:48 CET 2003

Hi,
I am planning to install NAGIOS on one of our new SunFires V100. I am
trying to decide about the OS

1. Should I install it on the existing OS (Solaris 8) ?
2. Should I install Linux (for Ultra-SPARC processor) ? If yes, then
which flavor of Linux I should choose from ?

Are there any advantages between using any of the above-mentioned paths
?

The SunFire would only be used for NAGIOS and MRTG applications.

Regards \\ Naman