nagios.log - newbie

Jakub Ouhrabka jouh8664 at ss1000.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Jan 12 18:04:00 CET 2003

Hi,

I just installed Nagios and got it work. I like it very much. But there
is one basic thing I can't get working: logging information into
nagios.log for reporting. My nagios.log file contains only messages from
startup, eg:

[1042389088] Nagios 1.0 starting... (PID=6479)
[1042389088] Warning: Contact 'misak' is not a member of any contact
groups!

That's all. I tried to enable use_syslog=1 in nagios.cfg. Then all
messages I expected in nagios.log were in syslog. This is an excerpt:

Jan 12 17:15:50 server nagios: SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
nagios;zaloha;postgres;CRITICAL;notify-by-epager;PGSQL: CRITICAL - no con
nection to kuba (could not connect to server: Connection refused

I really would like to have these messages in my nagios.log file and to be
able to view notification history etc through web. How can be this done? I
must be missing something obvious...

I'm using nagios from debian package nagios-text  1.0-4.

Thanks,                   kuba