Startup with Checks AND DHCP installation

Chris Brown chris at in-motion.net
Sun Jan 12 00:00:39 CET 2003

Good day all.

I am converting my Netsaint application to Nagios
and trying to expand the monitoring capabilities as well.

I have 2 questions/problems.

1)   Inside the nagios.cfg file....
         When I change the 'check external commands = 0' to 1 and restarted
Nagios,
         the application wouldn't run.... although it runs fine when set to 0.
         Can anybody suggest something?

2)    The check_dhcp instructions on the FAQ say something about installing
it via suid root.
         Can someon explain that detail?
         As root, I compiled it and copied it into the libexec... as well
as put it into the templates to be used.
         My host says 'could not BIND to dhcp socket'.  (DHCP is running on
this physical machine too).
         I'm sure that's probably the problem but I didn't know the details
to complete the installation properly I'm sure.

Thanks!

Chris Brown
chris at in-motion.net