negate command

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Fri Jan 10 23:53:58 CET 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Olivier F. Beauchemin (Budget-Tech IT Consulting) wrote:

> Would someone be so kind as to e-mail an example of the negate command in
> use?  I'd like to use it to negate a negative check_ping.
>
> In otherwords: no response is good, get a response bad.
>
> Thanks,
> Olivier
>
> PS.
> The sourceforge archive isn't available for some reason.

$USER1$/negate "/path/to/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS -w xx -c yy"

Note - the output string on the command is going to be exactly the same as
the output string of the actual plugin.  Negate will only change the
return code of the plugin to trigger tha approriate warning.

Negate will swap CRITICAL and OK, and pass WARNING and UNKNOWN.

Negate will also return a WARNING is there was any output on the plugin's
stderr (there should be none)

--

-sg