Sample nrpe.cfg with nrpe-1.7

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Jan 10 17:31:25 CET 2003

Not always.

Oracle enjoys using filesystems (eg, /db001) to the extent that the DBA
wishes to use it.  If the DBA decides to create a .dbf file which uses 99%
of one of those filesystems, then there's no realistic way of setting a
percentage threshold where 99% is 'green' and some value greater than 99% is
'red'.  I prefer, in this case, to have finer granularity than that.

Why do I even bother to monitor such filesystems?  I suppose it's to
facilitate at-a-glance 'warm fuzzies' of a given database server.  It gives
the casual observer (eg, management) a ballpark feeling of how little or how
much a given host is being used by Oracle (among other things).

Just my tuppence.

jc