nagios.cmd ... "Sorry, you are not authorized..." -- Argh!

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 05:40:40 CET 2003

When you try and commit a command, what user are you logged in as? Nagiosadmin or "?" ? If you close your browser and try to open the page;
http://yourservers.com/nagios/cgi-bin/cmd.cgi?cmd_typ=1 Does it ask for a username?
 "Olivier Beauchemin (Accolade Group)" <olivier at accoladegroup.net> wrote:Did that just now, didn't work. Also, on the cgi.cfg question...

authorized_for_system_information=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_configuration_information=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_system_commands=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_services=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_hosts=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_service_commands=nagiosadmin
authorized_for_all_host_commands=nagiosadmin

... if I tell the cgi's to NOT use auth, I get a message that tell's me I
have to do something to take off the safety etc, etc, etc.

So, I don't know. I'm frustrated. Any ideas, anyone?

Olivier