nagios.cmd ... "Sorry, you are not authorized..." -- Argh!

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 05:15:26 CET 2003

Just as a test, chnage the permissions on the nagios.cmd file to 777, and see if it's a permissions problem...
 "Olivier Beauchemin (Accolade Group)" <olivier at accoladegroup.net> wrote:Nope, I don't think that's it. The .htaccess files are already there and working fine. If I login as X, I see Y and Z hosts/services. If I login as A, I see B and C hosts/services. That tells me that the basic auth is working. If I login as a user who does not have privs to see process info, it works: I don't get access to the process info. The reverse is true if I login with a user that has privs. So, I'm making the assumption that I've got things configured properly. As far as I can tell, I've got the privs for the users to hosts/services config'd properly. I also went line-by-line on the External Command File Permissions doc, and the privs match the doc, and nagios creates the right file on a restart. I also restarted httpd, which runs as apache. So, it seems like something I'm seriously missing, or something out of my control? Olivier----- Original Message ----- From: Jon Lyons To: Olivier Beauchemin
  (Accolade Group) ; nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 10:21 PMSubject: Re: [Nagios-users] nagios.cmd ... "Sorry, you are not authorized..." -- Argh!

Probably need to re-read the web interface setup, try coping your .htaccess file to the cgi-bin directory...