nagios 1.0 config files missing??

Mario Zuppini tribune at cybersol.com.au
Thu Jan 9 08:31:15 CET 2003

Hi,

I've installed via debian package the latest nagios 1.0 and all the config
has gone seemingly well until i went to
compile the plugins, im getting the error

[1042096870] Error: Host check command 'check-host-alive' specified for host
'printer1' is not defined anywhere!
[1042096870] Error: Host check command 'check-host-alive' specified for host
'printer2' is not defined anywhere!

and

[1042096870] Error: Service check command 'check_ftp' specified in service
'FTP' for host 'bashful' not defined anywhere!
[1042096870] Error: Service check command 'check_ping' specified in service
'PING' for host 'bashful' not defined anywhere!
[1042096870] Error: Service check command 'check_pop' specified in service
'POP3' for host 'bashful' not defined anywhere!

now from what I can gather, these should be defined in
/etc/nagios/checkcommands.cfg ? and that file tells me to update
it via the update-nagios command, but it only creates a blank file becuase
there are no cfg files in
/usr/share/nagios/pluginconfig

where / how do i get the cfg files for the plugins ???

all help appreciated, im tearing my hair out here trying to find a solution
for it.

Please feel free to contact us with any further queries.

Thank You

Mario Zuppini
Systems Administrator

Total Cybersolutions