Setting up service dependencies

Jeff Boulter jboulter at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Jan 9 02:52:45 CET 2003

I think I found a workaround for this. For some servers, like webservers
most of the services are some form of HTTP request, so I changed the
check_command on the host to do a simple http request. If that fails,
then the host is considered 'down' rather than just using the standard
ping check. If this is 'bad' for some reason, please let me know.

second question: is it possible to pass arbitrary ssh parameters to
check_ssh, like "-1" for ssh v1? Doesn't appear so, but maybe there's a
trick?

Jeff