check_nagios + MySQL = Nagios possible not running?

Steven L. Kohrs steve at dtnspeed.net
Wed Jan 8 00:31:23 CET 2003

In researching why I too was receiving the "Nagios process may not be
running" message, I came across a question.  If I'm using MySQL to store
my status information, will status.log ever get written to?

I say no, because I've been running Nagios all day and there's no entry
in this file.

The check_nagios script compares the last timestamp from within this
file to determining whether Nagios is running, correct?  Hence, I'll
always receive the warning that the status log was updated too far in
the past.