ping problems

Sylvain Ouellet sylvain.ouellet at cognicase.ca
Wed Jan 8 21:23:28 CET 2003

Hi guys,

I have nagios configured and everything works fine.

Now what bothers me is that sometimes nagios pings a systems and gives
me a 20% packet loss. Now when I do a ping to the same system from the
same machine using the ping command, everything seems to be just fine. I
can let the ping command go for 15 minutes and I'll get no packet loss
but nagios will report a 20 or 40% packet loss. It doesn't happen every
day but it happens just enough to make me nervious.

So is there anything wrong or any known problems, glitches.

Thank you.