Nagios errors in pre-flight

Scott Whitney swhitney at journyx.com
Wed Jan 8 20:40:04 CET 2003

I've been looking at this for awhile, and I'm a little confused.  Perhaps the semantics are confusing me.  This might be boneheaded, but...

Nagios says:
Warning: Contact group 'int-pri-page' is not used in any hostgroup/service definitions or host/hostgroup/service escalations!
Warning: Contact group 'int-sec-email' is not used in any hostgroup/service definitions or host/hostgroup/service escalations!
Warning: Contact group 'int-sec-page' is not used in any hostgroup/service definitions or host/hostgroup/service escalations!
Warning: Contact group 'john' is not used in any hostgroup/service definitions or host/hostgroup/service escalations!
Warning: Contact group 'nagios' is not used in any hostgroup/service definitions or host/hostgroup/service escalations!

These are all used in quite a few service definitions.  About what, exactly, is it complaining?

Sample from the config where you will see that a couple of these are definitely used:

####################### BEGIN SERVICE DEFINITION #######################
define service {
  use                             int-service
  host_name                       lorax
  service_description             disk_root
  check_command                   check_nrpe!root
}

define serviceescalation {
  use                             int-pri-page
  host_name                       lorax
  service_description             disk_root
}
define serviceescalation {
  use                             int-sec-email
  host_name                       lorax
  service_description             disk_root
}
define serviceescalation {
  use                             int-sec-page
  host_name                       lorax
  service_description             disk_root
}